As our skin ages, the skin cells do not turn over as fast, which causes a build-up of layers that make our skin dull. Microdermabrasion is a great, non-invasive way to instantly get that youthful glow back!
What it is:
- Fine crystals called corundum, also known as Aluminum Oxide crystals, are basically a colorless sapphire, and, on the scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the hardness of a diamond), these crystals are a nine..
- These are pyramid-shaped, and when they make contact with the skin, they remove the top layer of dead skin cells.
What it does:
- This results in baby-butt soft skin, revealing a youthful glow, making pores smaller, brown spots lighter, and wrinkles less visible.
- The process continues afterwards, with stimulation of collagen in the uppermost layers of skin a couple of weeks later.
How frequently may I have a microdermabrasion:
- We recommend you have your skin refreshed every 4-6 weeks.
Where they can be used:
- Anywhere you have skin
- Safe on all skin types and colors
- Great for clients naïve to cosmetic procedures
What to Expect:
- The skin is mildly pink for 30 – 60 minutes after the procedure, and makeup may be applied immediately…but why would you want to cover that new glow?
What makes our Medical Microdermabrasion Different:
- A medical-grade machine…which can remove skin down to blood…not that we would ever do that to you (we have lasers for that).
- Profoundly stronger and more consistent with the distribution of crystals over the surface of the skin than the weaker microdermabrasion machines that are operated by aestheticians.
- Will not cut grooves into your face, nor shoot dead skin cells around the room to be inhaled, as the paddle-type crystal-free machines do.
- Crystal-based microdermabrasions generally remove more dead skin than crystal-free machines…but not all machines are created equal. Be sure to ask what kind of microdermabrasion machine is used; not all physicians use medical-grade microdermabrasion machines.